Baked Chicken Wings Salt and Pepper
- Chicken Wings(3lb)
- Green Onion
- Baking Powder (2 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Garlic Powder(1 tsp)
- Onion Powder(1 tsp)
- Chili Powder(1 tsp)
- Salt and Pepper
- Pat chicken pieces dry with a paper towel and set aside. Do not add oil, there’s plenty of fat in the skin.
- Combine the baking powder and powdered seasonings in a bowl and mix together well.
- Toss the wingettes and drumettes with the dry coating.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on a wire rack over a baking pan and place in an oven preheated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook wings for 50-60 minutes, turning every 20 minutes until crispy and done.
While the wings bake, make the “salt and pepper” seasoning mix.
- Heat a little oil in a skillet, on medium heat.
- Add fresh chopped jalapenos, or substitute red pepper flakes, and chopped green onion bottoms. Saute on Medium-low heat for 2-4 minutes.
- Add finely chopped garlic and continue to saute for a couple of minutes; be sure to keep the temperature low enough to not burn the garlic.
- Add chopped cilantro, lots of it stems and all.
- Continue sauteing the mixture on medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes until the cilantro has cooked down.